We care about our colleagues, and lookout for our workmates
We consider the health and safety of our people and company stakeholders to be of utmost importance. Our aim is to provide a completely safe working environment and create zero harm to our employees and visitors. We designed focused training and safety programs to engage everyone in health and safety management.
We are committed to the principle that business objectives should never compromise safety – no job is important enough that it cannot be done without risk or harm to our people or others. No injury should be viewed as unavoidable or acceptable.
Swire Cold Storage is a signatory to the Retail Logistics Supply Chain (RLSC) Code of Practice and works collaboratively with customers to identify, manage and minimise risk. Performance is continuously monitored to ensure all operations are in accordance with Health and Safety Systems requirements and meet Chain of Responsibility legislation.
Occupational Health & Safety policy
At Swire Cold Storage we are committed to:
- Conducting business in a responsible manner that will safeguard the health, safety and security of all employees, contractors and members of the public.
- Delivering an OHS performance that earns the confidence of our employees, customers and the community.
To meet this commitment we will:
- Ensure all legislative requirements are either met or exceeded.
- Promote the “Safety First!” culture where it is an expectation that OHS is a prime responsibility and part of everyone’s job.
- Identify, assess and manage all OHS risks at SCS facilities and operations.
- Strive to ensure that our facilities, processes and equipment operate to the highest standards to protect our employees, contractors and the public.
- Ensure that all SCS business units have OHS objective focused on continuous improvement, are reflected in business performance targets that are subject to management review.
- Provide ongoing education and training for SCS employees and contractors.
- Work collaboratively with SCS employees, encouraging involvement in all OHS issues.
- Provide resources to support the health and welfare of SCS staff.