Ensuring continued success through sustainable development
Sustainable Development commitment
We adopt this policy because:
Long term value creation depends on the sustainable development of our businesses and the communities in which we operate.
Specific to our own operations we will meet all legal requirements and develop, implement and maintain management systems to ensure we:
- Operate in a manner which safeguards the health and safety of all our stakeholders
- Promote the efficient use of resources including the reduction and prevention of pollution
- Strive to be a preferred employer by providing a work environment in which all employees are treated fairly, with respect and can realize their full potential
- Engage suppliers and contractors who promote sustainable development and encourage responsible use of our products and services through the supply chain
- Develop partnerships with our customers to achieve sustainable outcomes
- Promote good relationships with the communities in which we operate.
Making it happen
- All companies within which Swire Cold Storage has a controlling interest will have action plans for applying this policy in a way which is relevant to their business. We will encourage other companies in which we have an interest to implement similar policies
- We will encourage and empower our staff to be proactive on sustainable development matters both at work and in the community
- We will monitor our performance regularly.